Here's a list of reactions people have told us they had when they owned a problem and the other person used the Roadblocks:
They made me:
- stop talking, shut me off.
- feel resentful or angry.
- feel I'm being pressured to change--not accepted as I am.
- feel I'm not being understood.
- feel I've been interrupted.
- feel I'm on the witness stand being cross-examined.
- defensive and resistant.
- feel inadequate, inferior.
- feel guilty or bad.
- feel the other person doesn't trust me to solve my problem.
- feel my feelings aren't justified.
- feel frustrated.
- feel the listener is just not interested.*
*Excerpt from Dr. Thomas Gordon's F.E.T. Young Adult Resource Book