It's sad to see parents taking pride in viewpoints like this. While we understand how charm, humor and a dose of "tounge-in-cheek" can be appealing, I think it's safe to say that the supporters of this message are alarmingly serious!
Here are just a few of the reasons why this is awful:
- Threatening - need we say more?
- So because you love me, you're going to scare the heck out of me? Is that what you do when you love somebody?
- It's a parent's job to invade their children's privacy? Ahem...sure...that'll be a real trusting relationship!
- Wait I'm still confused, so the person who "loves me the most" is going to treat me the worst and it's okay for them to do that?
- Parents want their children to hate them? Careful what you wish for!!
Have anything to add to our list? Please share with us what you think and SPREAD THE WORD!